Thursday 22 September 2016

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 - September

Today I have another tag for Tim Holtz's 12 tags 2016 Series. This is Tim's tag.


I am still collecting my Tim Holtz products so have substituted and played to get the effect for this month's tag. My Yuppo paper arrived yesterday, after the tag was done, so there may be another tag for Sept. As I was trying out techniques I made two tags. 
For this tag background, I used Tim's Technique then added stamping, stenciling, and splatters. 
The umbrella man was created with shiny board, methylated spirits and alcohol inks. I remembered how these products acted for the polished stone technique from 8 or so years ago. I added alcohol ink to a felt pad with a little MS (methylated Spirits) and squished the ink on the background. When the background was dry, I took my umbrella man stamp and using my finger, I smeared the surface with MS then quickly placed the stamp on the background and left it there for several minutes. The edge isn't as crisp as Tim's image but I still like the effect. I used a jelly pen to add a bit of sharpness.
I used a mask and stamped the background with teal text. 
The stars and numbers were too detailed for the MS technique so these are stamped in a slightly translucent white pigment ink. This sort of gave the same effect.
I have added machine and hand stitched 'x's' and straight machine stitching.
The film strip is from the 'Lost and Found' stamp set. I stamped the image on a piece of acetate then cut around the image. The numbers were found at the end of film reels when they weren't spliced!! 
'HERE' is from the Friendship words set.
The numbers are from 'Parker' dies. Not sure who made these.



This is the first tag I made. I embossed the script on the background then embossed the umbrella man over the top.


Until next time, happy crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it!